During this 4 year period, the following items became law:
- National Endowment of the Arts
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Department of Transportation
- Voting Rights Act of 1965
- Immigration and Nationality Act
- Elementary and Secondary Education Art (first Federal involvement with Education)
- Higher Education Act (first Federal involvement with Higher Education)
- Endangered Species Act
- National Highway Safety Administration
- Corporation for Public Broadcasting
- Bilingual Education Act
- Gun Control Act of 1968
This is just a partial list. In 1965 alone President Lyndon Johnson sent 87 bills to congress for consideration and they passed 84 of them.
What would be on the top of the agenda of Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid if they had total domination of the legislative process?
- Revive the “Fairness Doctrine” to eliminate conservative talk radio?
- National Gay Marriage?
- National Health Insurance?
- Amnesty for all Illegal Aliens?
- Legal Late Term Abortions?
- Banning of Home Schooling?
It is critical we all throw our support behind the Republican Senatorial Candidates and prevent this “Nightmare Scenario”.